The Henseleit Three Dee RIGID (aka the Henseleit TDR) is a 700-size remote control helicopter that is designed and manufactrued by Henseleit Helicopters of Germany. Each helicopter is a master piece of craftsmanship and is available only in a kit completion level and of the 700-class electric variant. It is the first production helicopter of this size which is only available in a flybarless version.
The Henseleit TDR features a robust complement of features that make it unique in the RC heli marketplace. Most notable is the two-stage drivetrain which consists of eight total gears (including the tail) and two main shafts (excluding the torque tube tail and tail output shaft) which gives the heli a very tight center of mass and low bending moments on the main output shaft. Other notable features include the unique carbon fiber plate landing skids, the smooth aerodynamic canopy optimized for both forward and backward flight, the absence of a horizontal fin on the tail, and an overall cutting-edge look.
With all of the creative and unique design features Jan sums up his balanced design goals best when he says of his methodology for tail design: "In general, it was my aim to keep the costs of replacement parts as low as possible, so that the nice helicopter will not only be used on Sundays. That is why I decided to use again my well-proven blackly anodised 25mm aluminium tail boom. In my opinion the still increasing costs for carbon tail booms because their more precious look are not justified and after a crash they can be a considerable cost factor."
So, the end result is a unique standout RC heli with a firm common sense foundation that make it a fun product for the RC hobbyist who can also enjoy using it.
Kits are prepared for shipment after the order has been placed so there is about a eight-month waiting list for a kit at the time of this writing (August 2011). They can be purchased only from the company's website: www.henseleit-helicopters.de.
- Diameter main rotor: up to 1620mm
- Main rotor blades: 680 - 720mm
- Recommended main rotor blades: 710mm / approx. 63mm deep/ 185g
- Tail rotor blades: up to 110mm carbon blades
- Basic weight of the mechanics: 1900g
- Weight ready to fly equipped without drive battery: 3100g
- Take-off weight according to used drive battery: 4000 - 4900g
- Length top of canopy to end of tail unit: 1420mm
- Total height: 370mm
- Maximum width of skids: 200mm
- Maximum width of canopy: 140mm
- Recommended engine: Pyro 700 - 52 (standard shaft)
- Recommended controller: Jive 80+ HV or Jive 120+ HV